Virginia Tiered Systems of Support (VTSS) is a data-informed decision making framework for establishing the social culture and academic and behavioral supports needed for the school to be an effective learning environment (for academics, behavior and social-emotional wellbeing) for all students.
Essentials elements of the VTSS framework are:
- Aligned organizational structure
- Data-informed decision-making
- Evidence-based practices
- Family, school and community partnerships
- Monitoring student progress
- Evaluation of outcomes and fidelity
Tiered systems of supports
We support divisions in establishing a framework of supports and evidenced-based practices with increasing levels of intensity. Divisions determine appropriate supports based on need / fit/ culture.
In the news
Here’s what local news sources are saying about our work:
- Fort Chiswell Middle program promotes positive behavior (SWVa Today)
- Schools Recognized by State Dept of Education (The Progress-Index)