- This event has passed.
Defusing Disruptive Behavior
August 6 - August 7
Defusing Disruptive Behavior is a deeper dive into understanding problem behavior and learning how to address these behaviors more effectively in the classroom. Building upon a continuum of responses, this training will explain multiple evidence-based strategies that can be used to address these behaviors.
- be able to identify functions of behavior and understand the importance of function-based interventions;
- understand the importance of building, maintaining, and repairing relationships within the classroom;
- reflect on their beliefs about and responses to behavior and how that influences student behaviors;
- understand the phases of the escalation cycle and strategies that correspond with each phase to support staff and students; and
- gain a better understanding of interventions and how to use them in response to behavior.
Who Should Attend?
- Teachers, administrators, individuals at the division and school level who support classroom management and student behavior.
|Check-in Start:||8:30 a.m.||8:00 a.m.|
|Session Start:||9:30 a.m.||9:00 a.m.|
|Session Ends:||4:00 p.m.||3:30 p.m.|
Important Links and Documents:
How to Register:
Attendees will register at the registration site. The deadline for registering is Monday, July 15, 2019 OR when the maximum number of registrations has been reached..
Please contact Jennifer Weatherly with any questions about registration at (804-828-1482) or ude.u1566170482cv@jy1566170482lreht1566170482aew1566170482.
As a professional courtesy, if you are unable to attend, please contact us as soon as possible at ude.u1566170482cv@ci1566170482rsstv1566170482.
Continental breakfast and lunch are provided on both days.
All attendees are responsible for all travel expenses, including lodging and mileage.
|Reservations link:||Reserve here|
|Reservations by phone:||Dial 1-800-222-8733; Room block – “Defusing Disruptive Behaviors”|
|Deadline to make reservations:||7/20/19|
|Reservations cancellation deadline:||Refer to your reservation confirmation email.|
|Dates of room block:||August 5 and 6|
|State Per Diem rate:||$130 (plus tax)|
Check-in time: 4:00 p.m.
Check-out time: 11:00 a.m.
(Please plan to check out of the hotel before then.)
VDOE/VTSS blocked rooms are available on a first-come, first-served basis until capacity has been reached. Once the block is full, additional rooms cannot be added. All attendees are responsible for all travel expenses, including lodging and mileage. The applicable state rate on the date of check-in is offered for single, double, triple or quad overnight room accommodations.
You must guarantee your reservation with your personal/school credit card.
If you find you cannot attend the event, you must cancel the lodging reservations the day prior to arrival to avoid being charged one night’s room + taxes. Rooms that are not cancelled in time on the day prior to arrival (“no shows”) will be billed to your personal/school credit card.