- This event has passed.
Defusing Disruptive Behavior
September 18, 9:30 am - September 19, 4:00 pm
Defusing Disruptive Behavior is a deeper dive into understanding problem behavior and learning how to address these behaviors more effectively in the classroom. Building upon a continuum of responses, this training will explain multiple evidence-based strategies that can be used to address these behaviors.
- be able to identify functions of behavior and understand the importance of function-based interventions;
- understand the importance of building, maintaining, and repairing relationships within the classroom;
- reflect on their beliefs about and responses to behavior and how that influences student behaviors;
- understand the phases of the escalation cycle and strategies that correspond with each phase to support staff and students; and
- gain a better understanding of interventions and how to use them in response to behavior.
Who Should Attend?
- VTSS Cohorts 1-5 School Teams with Division Team members who support implementation AND who have attended Tier 1. This training is geared for VTSS divisions only.
|Check-in Start:||8:30 a.m.||8:00 a.m.|
|Session Start:||9:30 a.m.||9:00 a.m.|
|Session Ends:||4:00 p.m.||3:30 p.m.|
|Meals Provided:||Lunch||Continental breakfast and lunch|
Important Links and Documents:
Attendees will register at the registration site. The deadline for registering is Thursday, September 12, 2019 OR when the maximum number of registrations has been reached..
Note: This training is for pK-12 educational professionals in the Commonwealth of Virginia. We reserve the right to cancel registrations of individuals who do not meet this criterium.
Certificates of Attendance will be distributed at the conclusion of the training. We do not issue formal Continuing Educational Units (CEUs).
All attendees are responsible for all travel expenses, including lodging and mileage.
|Reservations by phone:||Dial 1-800-551-9653;
ask for group code"#0919VCU"
|Deadline to make reservations:||August 30, 2019|
|Reservations cancellation deadline:||Refer to your reservation confirmation email.|
|Dates of room block:||September 17 and 18|
|State Per Diem rate:||$98 (plus tax)|
Check-in time: 4:00 p.m.
Check-out time: 11:00 a.m.
(Please plan to check out of the hotel before then.)
VDOE/VTSS blocked rooms are available on a first-come, first-served basis until capacity has been reached. Once the block is full, additional rooms cannot be added. All attendees are responsible for all travel expenses, including lodging and mileage. The applicable state rate on the date of check-in is offered for single, double, triple or quad overnight room accommodations.
You must guarantee your reservation with your personal/school credit card.
If you find you cannot attend the event, you must cancel the lodging reservations the day prior to arrival to avoid being charged one night's room + taxes. Rooms that are not cancelled in time on the day prior to arrival ("no shows") will be billed to your personal/school credit card.