Effective Classroom Systems
July 7, 9:00 am - July 9, 12:00 pm
This three-day event is designed for division and school leadership to develop a system for the data collection, professional learning, and coaching needed at the division and school level in order to promote the sustained focus on the use of effective classroom practices. Classroom practices are those strategies essential to effective instruction and include:
- arranging the physical environment,
- active supervision,
- classroom expectations aligned with school-wide expectations,
- routines and procedures for academics and behavior,
- opportunities to respond,
- formative assessment,
- acknowledgement and behavior specific praise,
- error correction, and
- building community with feedback.
How to Prepare for the Virtual Training:
- Teams are expected to attend all sessions
- Make sure most of your team members can attend virtually. You will be in a live Zoom meeting that is participatory; you will engage in team activities.
- Make sure each member has access to the Zoom platform and feels comfortable using the technology.
- Check your email for reminders, communication, and your Zoom link to attend your virtual session.
Prior to our live sessions on July 7 – 9, 2020, participants will be asked to complete a series of pre-work activities. It is important that this work be completed in order to be effective and efficient in our time together. During our live sessions, we will discuss the ten practices and how to build a school-wide system for implementation.
Sessions will be held daily from 9:00-12:00 with a 15-minute break. In addition to the interactive group sessions, there will be time for teams to work in small groups for action planning in the afternoons.
- Apply implementation of the ten VTSS practices to their context to create a sustainable system.
- Develop a system for the data collection, professional learning and coaching needed at the school and division level in order to promote the use of effective classroom practices.
- Assist others in their understanding of the connection of these foundational practices to equitable classroom systems to promote high achievement for all learners.
- Understand how these foundational practices support the expectations of the 5 C’s outlined by the VDOE.
How to Register:
Attendees will register at the registration site. The deadline for registering is Tuesday, June 16, 2020, OR when the maximum number of registrations has been reached. If your division misses the deadline during this busy season, please reach out so we can support your registration and attendance.
Special Instructions - Please read!
This training is for pK-12 educational professionals in the Commonwealth of Virginia. We reserve the right to cancel registrations of individuals who do not meet this criteria.
Certificates of Attendance will be distributed at the conclusion of the training. We do not issue formal Continuing Educational Units (CEUs).