Tier 1 Forum – Academic TFI
July 21, 9:00 am - July 23, 12:00 pm
The Academic TFI will be used to assist teams with implementing a Tier I system of academic support. This summer professional learning and ongoing Community of Practice will help schools improve student outcomes, align initiatives within the school, and support the learning of all students. The Academic Tiered Fidelity Inventory (ATFI) Community of Practice, scheduled for the fall of 2020, begins with an introduction to the academic modules presented in the Academic TFI summer professional learning. Summer professional development will allow teams time to plan for academic implementation and to interact with others.
- How academic teams use data for decision-making
- Ways to plan and deliver instruction, increase teacher clarity, and involve students in their learning
- How to promote collective teacher efficacy
- How communicating and coaching facilitate building community with staff and families and assist in the fidelity of implementation.
Who Should Attend
This three-day virtual learning event is being offered to school teams from divisions that have completed Starting to Sustaining, Strand 2, Tier I Academics or divisions that began with an academic focus. Division team members are encouraged to attend with the school teams to help with implementation and coaching.
Sessions will be held daily from 9:00-12:00. In addition to the interactive group sessions, there will be time for teams to work in small groups for action planning in the afternoons.
How to Prepare for the Virtual Training:
- Teams are expected to attend all sessions
- Make sure most of your team members can attend virtually. You will be in a live Zoom meeting that is participatory; you will engage in team activities.
- Make sure each member has access to the Zoom platform and feels comfortable using the technology.
- Check your email for reminders, communication, and your Zoom link to attend your virtual session.
How to Register:
Attendees will register at the registration site. The deadline for registering is Tuesday, June 30, 2020, OR when the maximum number of registrations has been reached.
Special Instructions - Please read!
This training is for pK-12 educational professionals in the Commonwealth of Virginia. We reserve the right to cancel registrations of individuals who do not meet this criteria.
Certificates of Attendance will be distributed at the conclusion of the training. We do not issue formal Continuing Educational Units (CEUs).