- This event has passed.
Tier 1 Forum – New Team Training (PBIS), Rescheduled Day 3 of June Training
July 10, 9:00 am - 2:30 pm
This three-day event is designed to facilitate team learning and planning around Universal or Tier 1 implementation of the Virginia Tiered System of Supports and will take place virtually over three days – June 15, 17, and 19. Each day will begin at 9:00 a.m. and run till approximately 2:30 p.m., with an hour break for lunch.
VTSS Systems Coaches will cover essential implementation content, activities will prepare your school team for the work, and we will engage with our colleagues to practice and learn from each other. Pre-work will be sent prior to the event to enrich our learning and support connections.
Who Should Attend – The members of the school team, inclusive of administrators, along with a member(s) of the division leadership team.
Division leadership team members will be supporting school teams in this work. Understanding the foundational content of VTSS Tier 1 for behavior is needed to assist the school teams with implementation and ensure buy-in.
Research shows that starting this work with a lens on behavior allows teachers and administrators to spend less time on discipline. At this event, your team will begin building your behavior curriculum and more. It is important that all school team members attend all three days!
Materials for New Team Training (password-protected)
How to Prepare for the Virtual Training:
- Watch a brief video on how to prepare for your virtual learning.
- Teams are expected to attend all three days of sessions.
- Make sure most of your team members can attend virtually. You will be in a live Zoom meeting that is participatory; you will engage in team activities.
- Each team should include a member of the division leadership team.
- Make sure each member has access to the Zoom platform and feels comfortable using the technology.
- Check your email for reminders, communication, and your Zoom link to attend your virtual session.
How to Register:
Attendees will register at the registration site. The deadline for registering is Monday, May 25, 2020, OR when the maximum number of registrations has been reached. If your division misses the deadline during this busy season, please reach out so we can support your registration and attendance.
Special Instructions – Please read!
This training is for P-12 educational professionals in the Commonwealth of Virginia. We reserve the right to cancel registrations of individuals who do not meet this criteria.
Certificates of Attendance will be distributed at the conclusion of the training. We do not issue formal Continuing Educational Units (CEUs).