Tier 1 New Team Training: Trauma Enhancements
November 12, 9:00 am - 2:00 pm
This two-day event is designed for those school teams and division support personnel who have already attended the Tier 1 professional learning for new teams, have had experience implementing Tier 1 behavior practices, and believe that trauma sensitive schools are a priority.
Using a function-based lens for implementation, participants of this workshop will recognize how a school may incorporate trauma-sensitive practices at the Tier 1 level in data-informed decision making, professional learning, family and community engagement, routines and procedures as well as feedback and acknowledgement.
Who Should Attend?
School Teams with division personnel support who have already attended Tier 1 New Team Training.
Sessions will be held from 9:00 AM to 12:00 PM on both days (with a 15-minute break). In addition to the interactive group session, there will be time for teams to work in small groups for action planning from 1:00 PM to 2:00 PM.
Participants will learn to:
- Support teams in the implementation of trauma sensitive schools;
- Align trauma sensitive practices into a multi-tiered systems of support;
- Build a foundational knowledge of the impact of trauma on staff, students, and family;
- Recognize the impact of trauma in the classroom and how it affects learning, relationships and behavior;
- Understand that the need to create or maintain working environments that support the social emotional well-being of school staff; and
- Learn the importance of relationships in building resilience to mitigate the effects of adverse childhood experiences.
How to Register:
Attendees will register for both days (Nov. 12 and Nov. 19) at the registration site. The deadline for registering is Thursday, October 22, 2020, OR when the maximum number of registrations has been reached.
This training is for PK-12 educational professionals in the Commonwealth of Virginia. We reserve the right to cancel registrations of individuals who do not meet this criteria.
Photographs and/or videos may be taken during this training to be used in a photo gallery, either on the VTSS -RIC or VDOE websites, or in a display via social media sources. If you do not want to be included in photos or videos, please contact us at .
Certificates of Attendance will be distributed at the conclusion of the training. We do not issue formal Continuing Educational Units (CEUs).