Virtual COP – Administrators
August 6, 3:30 pm - 5:00 pm
What is Most Critical for Divisions?
Supporting Students, Staff, and Families – Part 1
What is Most Critical for Divisions: Part I, asks a panel of experienced and creative administrators, from VTSS divisions around the state, to address current topics related to our return to school.
Panel members, including a parent perspective, will respond to the following questions:
- How do we address the social and emotional impacts of the pandemic and racial/social injustices on students, staff, and families?
- How do we handle equity issues exacerbated by the pandemic and current social issues? Panel members will include in their discussion the following:
- Developing a way of work that supports interconnectivity,
- Creating a nurturing and welcoming climate for students and staff,
- Responding to behaviors that arise through virtual or distance learning,
- Ensuring staff are building positive relationships with both students and families.
- Under the current conditions, how are you engaging with families?
- Dr. Leona Smith, Director of Equity and Family Engagement of Fairfax County Public Schools
- Dr. Chip Jones, Assistant Superintendent of Cumberland County Public Schools
- Dr. Serbrenia Sims, Superintendent of Surry County Public Schools
- Dr. Herbert Monroe, Assistant Superintendent of Caroline County Public Schools
- Michelle Cades, parent of students in Fairfax County Public Schools
There will be time for networking in breakout rooms by elementary, middle, and high school levels to allow participants to discuss these questions and to share ideas.
Please plan to join us by using our Zoom connection.