Virtual Networking for Administrators
Welcome to the VTSS Virtual Networking for Administrators page. Below you will find helpful resources dedicated to supporting you in the implementation of VTSS. You will find Zoom links to participate in the Networking as well as recordings of past events. Let’s grow this community of learners! Please share this with school-based administrators, as well as other division staff members who serve in a VTSS coaching capacity.
Webinars are grouped by school year; to find the networking sessions for a particular school year, click on the appropriately-labeled blue bar.
As each date nears, we will send out an email invitation with the link and topic for that date.
Note: All webinars run from 3:30 p.m. to approximately 4:30 p.m.; please sign in at least 10 minutes in advance to ensure connectivity.
- School Year: 2018-2019
Date Zoom Link to Session Topic Materials Recording of Session 03/29/2018 March, 2018 Zoom “The Principal’s Role in Successful VTSS Implementation: YOU are the key!” None for this first session None for this first session 11/15/2018 November, 2018 Zoom The Principal’s Role in Successful VTSS Implementation: YOU are the key! Part 2 None for this session Voicethread coming soon! 01/24/2019 January, 2019 Zoom “Fill the Seats: Improving Student Attendance” Voicethread coming soon! 03/28/2019 March, 2019 Zoom “Increasing the Effectiveness of Your Team” Coming soon! March session
- School Year: 2019-2020
Date Link to Registration Zoom Link to Session Topic Learning Intentions Materials Recording of Session 09/25/2019 September link September Zoom Link “Collective Teacher Efficacy” TBD TBD September Session 12/12/2019 December link December Zoom Link “The Principal’s Role in Family Engagement”
- To help school adminstrators understand their critical role in family enagement
- Provide family engagement strategies
- Share examples of family engagement from Virginia Schools
TBD December Session 02/20/2020 February link February Zoom Link “The Administrator’s Role in Ensuring Fidelity and Accountability”
- Examine how to hold people accountable for VTSS implemntation by using walkthrough forms and data, DCA and TFI scores
- To examine how administrators can increase fidelity of VTSS implementation
- To examine how administrators can provide staff accountability for VTSS implementation
- Share tools that can help with fidelity of VTSS implementation
- Provide opportunities to network
TBD February Session 04/23/2020 April link April Zoom Link “Using VTSS to Build a Trauma-Sensitive School”
- Provide a very brief overview of the causes and prevalence of trauma
- Recognize the impact of trauma in the classroom and how it affects learning, relationships and behavior
- Examine use of a tiered approach to address students who are impacted by trauma
- Share efforts from divisions and schools in Virginia who are working on becoming trauma-sensitive
- School Year: 2020-2021
Date Topic Time Zoom link to Session Learning Intentions Materials Recording of Session 8/6/20 What is most critical for divisions? Supporting students, staff, and families 3:00 – 4:30 August Zoom Link TBD TBD Coming Soon! 10/29/20 What is most critical for divisions? Supporting students, staff, and families 4:00 – 5:00 October Zoom Link TBD TBD Coming Soon! 2/25/21 Keys to Support Effective VTSS Implementation: Part 1 (division level focused) 4:00 – 5:00 February Zoom Link TBD TBD Coming Soon! 4/22/21 Keys to Support Effective VTSS Implementation: Part 2 (school focused) 3:30 – 4:30 April Zoom Link TBD TBD Coming Soon!