Virtual COP – Coaches Networking
Welcome to the page for the VTSS Virtual Community of Practice – Coaches Networking. Below you will find helpful resources dedicated to supporting you in the implementation of VTSS. You will find Zoom links to participate in the Networking as well as recordings of past events. Let’s grow this community of learners! Please share this with school-based coaches, as well as other division staff members who serve in a VTSS coaching capacity.
Webinars are grouped by school year; to find the networking sessions for a particular school year, click on the appropriately-labeled blue bar.
As each date nears, we will send out an email invitation with the link and topic for that date.
Note: All webinars run from 3:30 p.m. to approximately 4:30 p.m.; please sign in at least 10 minutes in advance to ensure connectivity.
- School Year: 2017-2018
Date Zoom Link to Session Topic Suggested Ideas to Share Materials Recording of Session 11/28/2017 November Zoom “Coaching Resources for Your Toolbox” None for this first session
- Florida’s Positive Behavior Support Project
- VTSS – Implementers
- Schoology; a division shared this website as a tool to organize the work and communicate
- National Center on Intensive Interventions; shared by a VTSS Systems Coach
- National Alliance on Mental Illness; shared by a VTSS Systems Coach
November Session 01/30/2018 January Zoom “Using the District Capacity Assessment and Tiered Fidelity Inventory” Any tools, documents and ideas your division is using to facilitate and action plan around the District Capacity Assessment and Tiered Fidelity Inventory.
- Division Implementation Plan Template
- SWPBIS Tiered Fidelity Inventory (TFI)
- TFI Action Plan with Data Sources
- FINAL VTSS Implementation Matrix_v.1 Sept_17
- DCA Scoring Guide
- Documents to Have Available for TFI
- SISEP Handout DCA Overview
- Data Sources for the DCA
- Implementation Action Plan-Month-to-Month Sample from Accomack County
January Session 03/20/2018 March Zoom “Tips and Tools for Division Coaches Implementing VTSS:
Bringing on New Schools”
None for this session None for this session March Session 05/29/2018 May Zoom Building Professional Learning Plans for Successful Implementation None for this session None for this session May Session
- School Year: 2018-2019
Date Zoom Link to Session Topic Suggested Ideas to Share Materials Recording of Session 10/30/2018 October Zoom Using Coaching Plans to Support Implementation with School Teams None for this session October Session 1/8/2019 January Zoom Using Data to Coach Tier I Implementation None for this session None for this session January Session 3/19/2019 March Zoom Using the DCA and TFI to Action Plan None for this session None for this session May Session
- School Year: 2019-2020
Date Link to Register Zoom Link to Session Topic Learning Intentions Materials Recording of Session 10/15/2019 October Link October Zoom “Roles and Responsibilities for Division & School Coaches”
- Reflect on current data-informed decision making processes in order to design a more efficient and effective system for continuous learning and improvement.
None for this first session October session 12/17/2019 December Link December Zoom “How to prepare for the DCA and TFI”
- Clarify purpose and structure of the DCA & TFI
- Provide ready access to tools and resources for conducting the DCA & TFI
- Provide an opportunity for Division and Building Level Coaches to get clarification on processes
- Provide an opportunity for Division and Building Level Coaches to share insights and experiences using the DCA & TFI
How to Prepare for the DCA and TFI December session 02/18/2020 February Link February Zoom “Practical and Engaging Session on Coaching Behaviors for Implementation and Systems Change” The participant will successfully:
- understand the 5 components of a coaching system;
- apply the 4th component: Coach prerequisite knowledge and general responsibilities; and
- participate in frequent self-reflection and self-assessment as a critical coaching behavior.
February session 04/21/2020 April Link April Zoom “Wrapping up the Year and Sustaining the Work Over the Summer”
- Review the steps to submit End-of-Year data
- Apply action planning based on TFI and DCA completion
- Examine how to use your action plan to develop professional learning plans for the summer and 20-21 school year
- Prepare for staff/coach changes and begin to plan who needs support
During the community of practice, we will be sharing many of the documents from “Data Collection” on the VTSS website. Take the time to review the tools and resources to help support your VTSS data collection and action planning. Coming soon!