- Session A
Leading With, To and Through Real Family Engagement in VTSS
(Speaker: Kelley Henderson, with Beth Spivack on October 17)
We know strong, committed division and school leadership is key to improving student academic, behavioral and social-emotional outcomes. Leadership is also essential to fostering meaningful family/school partnerships. Our opening session focuses on opportunities for strengthening leadership of family engagement within VTSS. Division teams will identify and explore specific leadership strategies that contribute to building a climate of strong partnership that results in improved student outcomes.
Learning intentions for Session A:
- Explore where and why differences between school staff and community demographics and cultural assumptions may create barriers to meaningful family and community engagement.
- Increase familiarity with proven strategies to address the unique challenges to effective school/family partnerships in multi-tiered systems of supports.
- In teams, name engagement strategies Division leaders will start, continue and stop in their individual communities to strengthen and measure family engagement.
- Session B
Student Conduct Policy within the Virginia Tiered Systems of Supports (VTSS)
(Speaker: Rebecca Counts Kahila)
Learning intentions for Session B:
- Understand how levels of administrative response apply to student behaviors in the Model Guidance for Positive and Preventive Student Code of Conduct Policy.
- Identify the range of options within the levels of administrative response.
- Apply levels of response to categories of behavior.
- Use a social emotional learning and restorative lens to respond to scenarios.
- Session C