Division Leadership Teams will examine the components of the academic tiered system of support in order to better align with other systems.
Learning intentions for Strand 2 Series:
- Understand the role of the division level team in supporting the development and functioning of building-level teams inclusive of all teams within a building – academic alignment focus
- Understand how to adopt and organize evidence-based practices for teaching and reinforcing skills that continuously improve academic, behavior and mental health outcomes for all students
- Understand how to develop effective data-informed decision-making systems beginning with the adoption and implementation of reliable, valid and culturally responsive universal screeners
- Understand the division’s role to support building level teams by providing access to data (DCA #14, 19) which includes Universal Screening.
We are also providing access to information and materials for Strand 2 from the 2018-2019 school year.
- Session A
Participants will review the roles of the Division Leadership Team in supporting an aligned academic structure at the division and school levels, develop an assessment inventory, and understand the selection process for universal screening instruments. They will explore the process of implementing a universal screening system.
Learning intentions for Session A:
- Review the responsibilities of the Division Leadership Team to align all supports, with a focus on academic supports, within a VTSS structure.
- Understand the process of developing a division assessment inventory.
- Develop an aligned template for a data dashboard.
- Review the purposes and key components of universal screeners and discuss how divisions/schools use these data to improve instruction.
- Understand the elements of the screening process.
- Explore communicating with families regarding the assessment process and use of data for making decisions.
- Session B
Participants will explore how the members of the Division Level Team can support school leadership by defining quality instruction, identifying evidence-based Tier 1 practices, and implementing data meeting structures at the school and division level.
Learning intentions for Session B:
- Develop a written description of quality Tier 1 academic instruction and create a system for communicating instructional expectations to stakeholders. (Matrix 3A)
- Examine existing evidence-based Tier 1 practices to create an inventory of division priorities related to academic instruction. (Matrix 3C)
- Develop a plan for implementing Tier 1 data meeting structures at the school and division level and determine how to measure the fidelity and effectiveness of the meeting structures. (Matrix 2C)
- Session C
Participants will explore how members of the Division Level Team can support school leadership with data-informed decision making and monitor fidelity of implementation of evidence-based Tier 1 practices.
- Develop a plan to monitor fidelity of implementation of evidence-based practices. (Matrix 3D)
- Understand the elements of progress monitoring at Tier 1 and ensure a plan for utilizing these data exists. (Matrix 5D)
- Examine how the division team guides schools to define access to Tier 2 supports. (Matrix 1E)
- Examine the division plan for supporting the implementation of Tier 1 data meeting structures at the school and division level to improve student outcomes. (Matrix 2C)
- Connect to the Academic Tiered Fidelity Inventory.