Participants will examine school and division data to identify advanced tier needs and align systems in order to create success for staff providing these additional supports and the students who receive them.
We are also providing access to information and materials for Strand 3 from the 2018-2019 school year.
- Session A
Session A will focus on divisions understanding what advanced tiers support looks like in their schools and how they can support that work at the division level.
Learning Intentions for Session A:
- Review the Data-Informed Decision-Making process in the context of making instructional decisions for Advanced Tiers implementation. (Matrix 2.B)
- Analyze current definitions of each tier and design aligned operational definitions for multi-tiered supports across domains for efficient implementation. (Matrix 1.F)
- Organizing collaboration with school teams to determine the fidelity and effectiveness of the meeting structures used for data-informed decision making (2.C)
- Session B
In this session, participants will use data to create instructional tiered supports. They will use the Evidence-based Selection Tool to choose practices and identify quality instruction at advanced tiers. In order to determine the impact of intervention effectiveness progress monitoring data will be discussed.
Learning Intentions for Session B:
- Build on Data-Informed Decision-Making to make instructional decisions and ways to adopt and support interventions for students requiring support at Tiers 2 and 3 (Matrix 2.B, 3.B)
- Create and/or analyze clearly defined continuum of supports that is culturally responsive and utilized to ensure an instructional match for all learners (Matrix 1.F, 3.C)
- Define advanced tiers and how schools will be supported to analyze data to determine the impact of interventions and make decisions to change the level of support (Matrix 2.C, 5.E)
- Integrate and align professional learning based on need (Matrix 1.G)
Materials for Session B:
- Session C
In previous sessions, emphasis has been placed on the data and practices necessary for successful implementation of advanced tiers. This third, and final session, will focus on creating the system to support and align this work. Division teams will use fidelity measures and outcome data to inform decision making and problem-solving. The teams will then use data to plan and align professional learning opportunities and coaching to build support for effective implementation of advanced tiers.
- Apply outcome evaluation data to problem-solving (Matrix 6.A)
- Implement fidelity measures for data-informed decision making (Matrix 6.B)
- Develop professional learning and coaching supports for effective advanced tiers implementation (Matrix 1.G; 1.H)