In this strand, participants will explore six essential elements of meaningful family engagement in multi-tiered systems of supports that deepen family and school commitment to meaningful partnership while increasing specific student and family outcomes across domains.
- Session A
In this session, participants review key data on family perceptions and participation for planning and implementation as well as link family engagement to student indicators. With this work, we will begin to develop a vision for family and community engagement.
Learning Intentions for Session A:
- Identify the value of, and strategies for collecting key data on family perceptions and participation.
- Identify linkages of family and community engagement efforts to student indicators.
- Identify strategies for engaging families and community partners in data-based planning and implementation of systems and practices.
- Develop or refine a vision for family and community engagement based on currently collected, or needed, data.
- Session B
Participants will continue to examine family and community data and respond to family engagement guiding questions.
With this information, teams will also draft or revise goals for increasing family and community voice and participation in systems change across tiers.
Learning Intentions for Session B:
- Participants will examine family and community data collected since October and respond to guiding questions in each of six essential family engagement elements.
- Teams will draft or revise goals and action steps to both respond to areas of identified need and identify new opportunities for increasing family and community voice and participation in systems change, across tiers.
Materials for Session B:
- Session C
In this strand, participants will explore six essential components of meaningful family engagement in multi-tiered systems of supports that deepen family and school commitment to authentic partnership while increasing specific student and family outcomes across domains.
- share efforts to empower family members, strengthen communication/relationships, and facilitate strong school leadership;
- set data targets for benchmarking progress;
- identify specific action steps to address challenges and grow any remaining weaker family engagement elements;
- clarify values foundational to equity and family engagement;
- differentiate strategies for students and families by tiers; and
- identify components of specific research-based models and approaches, i.e. home-school models.