Welcome to the VTSS page for webinars on Family Engagement. During the webinars listed below, you will find helpful resources dedicated to supporting you in the promotion of family engagement for families and schools and learning how it supports school improvement. Each session will cover a different topic; you will find registration/Zoom links to participate as well as recordings of past events.
Webinars are grouped by school year; to find the networking sessions for a particular school year, click on the appropriately-labeled blue bar.
As each date nears, we will send out an email invitation with the link and topic for that date.
Note: All webinars run from 3:30 p.m. to approximately 4:30 p.m.; please sign in at least 10 minutes in advance to ensure connectivity.
- School Year: 2019-2020
Date Registration Link Zoom Link to Session Topic Learning Intentions Materials Recording of Session 11/19/2019 November link November Zoom Link Strategies for Engaging All Families in Your Work
- Participants will understand the importance of family engagement in supporting social and academic outcomes for students and their families.
- Divisions will share their examples of this work through the “Watch Dog” program.
Presentation: Strategies for Engaging All Families Unavailable 02/04/2020 February Link February Zoom Link The Value of Family Engagement Data
- Understand the importance of, and value in, collecting family engagement data Stories from two Virginia divisions
Presentation: The Value of Family Engagement Data February Recording 04/14/2020 April Link April Zoom Link Family Engagement and the Administrators’ Role
- Review the six components of Family Engagement.
- Increase awareness of the Dual Capacity Framework.
- Learn from other divisions in Virginia.
Presentation: Family Engagement and the Administrators' Role April Recording