Anchored to the effective responses flowchart and reflective of core features of the Tiered Fidelity Inventory (TFI), Defusing Disruptive Behavior focuses on understanding the behaviors of students who struggle to be successful in school. Division and school based leadership teams and teachers will learn to support students more effectively in the classroom through the use of evidence-based practices.
- Participants will be able to identify functions of behavior and understand the importance of function-based interventions.
- Participants will understand the importance of building, maintaining and repairing relationships within the classroom.
- Participants will reflect on their own behavior/beliefs and how that influences student behavior.
- Participants will understand the phases of the escalation cycle and strategies that correspond with each phase to support staff and students.
- Participants will be gain a better understanding of interventions and how to use them in response to behavior.