Virginia Tiered Systems of Supports Exploration and Installation Series
Welcome! Thank you for considering the Virginia Tiered Systems of Support (VTSS) as your framework for success!
What is Virginia Tiered Systems of Support?
VTSS is a data-driven, decision-making framework for establishing the academic, behavioral, and social-emotional supports needed for a school to be an effective learning environment for all students. The framework includes strategies and tools for meaningful family and community engagement. We hope you will explore our website to find out more about our mission, goals, and progress.
What is “Exploration and Installation”?
Implementation of this systemic, continuous improvement model begins with an exploration phase in which divisions establish a team and participate in a professional learning series to investigate the potential of VTSS to meet needs and enhance the school experiences for adults and children.
What are the benefits and outcomes of participating?
The VTSS approach allows divisions, schools, and communities to provide multiple levels of supports to students in a more effective, efficient and clearly defined process. You will find that the support of VTSS provides opportunities to network with other divisions within Virginia. Another benefit is the ongoing support you will receive from VTSS Systems Coaches to help you with implementation and resources. You will have tremendous support through professional learning, coaching, and colleagues from around Virginia cheering you on!
Some of the outcomes of exploration and installation (E and I) series:
- Developing a conceptual understanding of the VTSS framework
- Exploring Critical Components of VTSS implementation
- Applying essential features of implementation to your school division
After completion of the series, participation in a VTSS cohort affords school divisions:
- An individualized VTSS Implementation and professional development plan
- A minimum of four statewide/regional professional learning events per year for division leadership teams and school-based teams
- On-site technical assistance provided by assigned VTSS coaches (minimum one one-site visit per month)
- Systems coaching training (36 hours) for division leaders
- Access to web-based professional learning modules and training
- Access to funding to support your implementation efforts
Requirements to Participate
Participation in a VTSS Cohort requires completion of the E and I series (in-person or self-paced virtual). In order to participate in the series, you are required to complete the Statement of Commitment . This statement outlines successful engagement in the process of exploring VTSS implementation in your division. All Statements of Commitment must be postmarked or received electronically no later than February 3, 2020. If you have any questions or require further clarification, please contact Michael Gregory, VTSS Specialist, by e-mail at , or by telephone at (804) 225-4543.
How do we get started?
You have two options. Choose which is better for your division team.
|Option one: In-person Events for E and I Series (limited space)||Option two: Self-paced Virtual E and I Series|